Traxxas has been around since 1986. The company is stationed in Plano, Texas. They wanted to bring “Ready to Run” radio control products to the market, and they succeeded by first making electric powered stadium trucks and buggy models, and then they gradually moved to make the first radio-controlled boat series in 1992.
It wasn’t until 2012, that Traxxas finally took to the skies when they released their first aircraft product. This product was called the ready-to-fly DR-1 Helicopter and the QR-1 Quadcopter. Since then, they have released a variety of other models gradually making each model series more and more sophisticated.
Back in 2009, Traxxas also began to sponsor a national off-road racing series known as the Traxxas TORC Series, and they are proud of their company slogan, “Fastest Name in Radio Control.”
Summary of the Traxxas 6608 Quad-Rotor RTF
The most outstanding feature for the Traxxas 6608 is its durability. Traxxas knows that learning to fly can be a difficult and tedious process, and they have out done themselves with this model making it more durable than their previous models in order to strengthen their customer’s experience.
This model is classified as a mini quadcopter and is extremely versatile. It has a 3 mode system built in which makes this model perfect for not only beginners but also experts. It has an easy mode for beginners. A fast mode for those who have had experience flying before, and then there is the expert mode for those who consider themselves up to the challenge of an expert flying experience.
Below is a list of all the features that are offered to the owners for a Traxxas 6608 RTF Quad copter. They are all unique to this particular model, and they make owning one of this multi-rotor aircraft a unique experience.Features
• Quad-rotor thrust with auto-leveling 6-axis flight system
• 3 adjustable flight options for easy flying. They are Easy, Fast, and Expert.
• Most durable quad on the market with crash-proof, almost indestructible design.
• 4 high-output motors that have 50% more power than a standard motor
• Colored rotor blades are interchangeable as well as the LED lenses and canopies
• 2.4GHz interference-free radio system
• Telemetry-enabled battery readout alerts you to low battery
• Thrilling push-button aerobatics allow you to execute one-button 3D flips, twists, and rolls (in Fast mod)
• High capacity 650 mAh LiPo battery for extended flights
• USB fast battery charger
• Soft rubber feet
• Well-balanced precision rotors
• Sleek, sharp, and innovative design
• Backed up unparalleled Traxxas/LaTrax support
• 100% assembled and Read-To-Fly
• Includes Spare Rotor Blade Set and Hardware
• Lifetime Electronics Warranty
• Blade Circle: 14.78″
• Rotor Diameter: 5.51″
• Rotor Center Distance Diagonal: 9.25″
• Rotor Hub Distance Vertical: 6.54″
• Width: 12.07″
• Overall Height: 1.69″
• Ground Clearance: 0.47″
• Overall Flight Weight (with Battery): 3.53 oz
• Flight System: Auto-Leveling Six-Axis
• Radio System: 2.4GHz 6-channel Multi-mode
• Main Frame Structure/Material: Molded Composite
• Gear Ratio: 11:78
• Battery Type: Lithium Polymer (LiPo)
• Battery Voltage: 3.7V
• Battery Capacity: 650 mAh
• Battery Discharge Rating: 20C
• Battery Charger Rate: 1000mA (high), 500mA (low)
• Flight Time: Up to 15 minutes
• Motor Type: Brushed, Coreless
• Skill Level: 1
Pros and Cons of the Traxxas 6608
Just like any product, there are always pros and cons to any product on the market.
Some of the pros to owning this product is having it under a full lifetime electronic warranty, and the full support of the Traxxas support team. This particular model is built to be extremely durable, and it has one of the best batteries on the market for large amounts of fun!
Although this quad copter is both versatile and durable, it can be tricky to use for those that are younger if they are not properly supervised by an adult. It can be rather difficult to control if you have never flown before.
Overall, the Traxxas 6608 RTF quad copter has had great reviews regardless if you are a first time flyer or an expert of the skies.